Friday, July 15, 2011

The Reason for the Trip

Some of you may have been wondering why I decided to go to Chicago, some of you, not so much. Either way, here we go. As I share this reason with you I would recommend listening to the song of the day while you read/look at the pictures. I feel the song will help set the mood for this whole post.

The song of the day was brought to my attention roughly 4 to 5 years ago. Since then I have been in love, yes in love with this song. Even though I am what most would consider young and probably don't fully understand the meaning being conveyed through this song. I do applicate what I feel it is saying. J



The point of this trip was to celebrate my cousins graduation from high school!! She made it through her first 4 year journey and now is on her way to college.

High School is a special time in ones life. Its when some of us have our must embarrassing moments, our awkward stages, where we hit our stride, etc. High School is a unique point in ones life, no one knows who exactly they are but they're willing to give it a shot.

When one graduates High School it can be a terrifying experience yet a freeing one. You no long have to be the person you were in High School, or you can stay exactly the same. You may know where you're going after graduation or you may decided to go with whatever life troughs at you. Either way you get to decided.

For me looking back a few years later, High School was just a blip on the radar. Back then I felt like I knew who I was, what I wanted to do, who I wanted to be, where I wanted to go. Now when I look back I see how much I've grown since that day. I see how much more there was for me to learn. The one thing that I've taken to heart was that theres always more to learn and theres always room to grow. Ohh and nothing ever stays the same. J


( I appoligive in advance for the blurred out faces. I forgot to ask if they would mind having their faces put on my blog. So just for preventive measurements they have been blurred out.)






A year from now my cousin will have grown in many ways and when she goes to look back at these graduation photos, she will remember bits and pieces of the day. But what I hope she remembers is that she is loved, and everyone that was there that day supports her and the journey she is about to take. J

Graduations from anything are a celebration and a slight funeral. You can never go back to what you had but the future that is in front of you is one to embrace.

Life is unknown, an unwritten book, a blank canvas... start your story today J


How did you feel when you graduated? (it doesn't have to just be from High School)


Sneak Attack (I promise this is my last one J) Here is a photo from my graduation party and a funny photo from my cousins J


I see dollar signs




© Kiki's Corner:: Fun, Fashion and Frivolity

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and taking the time to leave a comment :)